Run the Ridge Trail Race | October 20, 2018
Enjoy fall colors on this scenic trail run at Sunset Ridge in Westbrook. 5k, 10k, and K9 5K (run with your dog)!
More info and to register: racewire.com
Also: Run the Ridge Registration Party on Sept. 26 at Mast Landing Brewing Co.
Firebird 50 Trail Race is more than just your everyday free trail race. This is about building community and accomplishing great feats together, helping each other finish a grueling task together for the first time or the millionth time.
HOW TO GET IN:
Unlike traditional races, ours is FREE, meaning we don’t pocket your money. Although that doesn’t mean there aren’t requirements on getting in, here’s what we’re asking from you:
1) Donate to a non-profit of your choice within a year before the race. We’d appreciate anything above $40 but we won’t force you to pay that amount*. You must send us a receipt that you donated though. *25k participants can skip money donations if they volunteer AFTER they finish their run at one of our aid stations.
2) Sign up and donate any item on the list attached here, bring that item the day of the race (this will provide for our aid stations): [THIS LINK WILL BE UPDATED SOON]
Its technical and challenging, lots of rocks and roots on a single track trail. The trail is in one direction, 16 miles long. Largely on the Cross-Falmouth Trail from Portland to Grey, Maine. The course will be marked with pink ribbon and white chalk. We’ll have 3 aid-stations along the course, one at each end and one in the middle.
– 25k Course: Starts in Portland, on Overset Rd., ends at Lowell Preserve in Windham. ONE LAP. Map can be found here: http://bit.ly/2EZWyhv
– 50k Course: Starts at Lowell Preserve in Windham, goes to Overset Rd. in Portland, then back to Lowell Preserve in Windham. TWO LAPS. Map can be found here: http://bit.ly/2qLVhWX
– 50m Course: Starts in Portland, on Overset Rd., takes a loop in Blackstrap Preserve (only once, on the first lap only), then heads to Lowell Preserve, then back to Overset Rd in Portland, finally finishing at Lowell Preserve in Windham. THREE LAPS + ONE BLACKSTRAP LOOP. Map can be found here: http://bit.ly/2Hi6XXS
WHAT YOU GET:
To keep this race low cost with a low impact we wont be providing any official prizes or awards, with exception of a solid high five and MAYBE a free beer. If we gain a sponsor, we’ll change this and get you something.
An entire 80’s playlist! What an awesome way to kick off your weekend. Grab some friends and ride to the music of your childhood. Memories of Jr. High School dances will come flooding back to you. 80’s workout attire is STRONGLEY encouraged…. think side ponytails, off the shoulder tops, leg warmers….
Join us for an epic Sunday Funday, triathalon style, with the first ever SHIFT + JIBE collaboration featuring two of your favorite trainers Kait Johnson and Margaret Ybarra.
Your morning will begin at SHIFT Training Center with a 30 minute yoga flow sure to get you firing on all cylinders and ready for what’s next up…which is a 1.5 mile run through our beautiful city and along the Eastern Promenade trail finishing at Jibe Cycling Studio for a killer 30 minute cycle class and a Hip Hop power playlist to keep you motivated.
After all your hard work you’ll be rewarded with mimosas, fresh juice, fruits and healthy snacks.
Plus…you’ll get a 10% discount on all retail at JIBE, a $25 SHIFT gift card for retail or classes AND a goodie bag. Because what’s a Sunday Funday without shopping and presents?!
We hope you’ll join us – we promise it will be a sweaty good time.
VIP Early Bird – SOLD OUT
Early Bird – $35
General Admission – $40
Join the Maine Beer Company Randonneurs for their 2nd Annual Cycling Join Maine Beer Company for the return of our Do What’s Right Ride. This is a casual, non-competitive, beginner-to-intermediate friendly ride with either a 25 or 50 mile route through Freeport and it’s surrounding towns. We encourage riders to stop along the way, breathe the fresh air, and smell the roses, all while raising money for some of our local nonprofit partners. Our goal is to make this an annual ride that both supports and showcases our community.
– Following the ride, cyclists will attend an exclusive after-party at the brewery with live music, games, dinner, and of course beer
This year, the ride will benefit our neighbors 317 Main Community Music Center and Freeport Conservation Trust, and we will be receiving generous support from the Bicycle Coalition of Maine
Registration for the 50 Mile tour begins at 8:00am, with the ride starting at 9am
Registration for the 25 Mile tour begins at 9:30am, with the ride starting at 10:30am
2:30-5pm Hors d’ouevres, beer, games, music
5pm Dinner served followed by games, music until 7pm (if you have a guest who would like to join for the afterparty please email for link to purchase a separate ticket).
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.