The Wicked Muddy Mainer is a 5k Adventure race in Orrington, Maine. Test your endurance in a brand new, very muddy, 14 obstacle, adventure foot race! Create teams or go it alone in this 120 acre pig pen of sweat and tears; where you never know what’s waiting for you in the next challenge! The only thing here to be sure of, is that you won’t come out clean!
Firebird 50 Trail Race is more than just your everyday free trail race. This is about building community and accomplishing great feats together, helping each other finish a grueling task together for the first time or the millionth time.
HOW TO GET IN:
Unlike traditional races, ours is FREE, meaning we don’t pocket your money. Although that doesn’t mean there aren’t requirements on getting in, here’s what we’re asking from you:
1) Donate to a non-profit of your choice within a year before the race. We’d appreciate anything above $40 but we won’t force you to pay that amount*. You must send us a receipt that you donated though. *25k participants can skip money donations if they volunteer AFTER they finish their run at one of our aid stations.
2) Sign up and donate any item on the list attached here, bring that item the day of the race (this will provide for our aid stations): [THIS LINK WILL BE UPDATED SOON]
Its technical and challenging, lots of rocks and roots on a single track trail. The trail is in one direction, 16 miles long. Largely on the Cross-Falmouth Trail from Portland to Grey, Maine. The course will be marked with pink ribbon and white chalk. We’ll have 3 aid-stations along the course, one at each end and one in the middle.
– 25k Course: Starts in Portland, on Overset Rd., ends at Lowell Preserve in Windham. ONE LAP. Map can be found here: http://bit.ly/2EZWyhv
– 50k Course: Starts at Lowell Preserve in Windham, goes to Overset Rd. in Portland, then back to Lowell Preserve in Windham. TWO LAPS. Map can be found here: http://bit.ly/2qLVhWX
– 50m Course: Starts in Portland, on Overset Rd., takes a loop in Blackstrap Preserve (only once, on the first lap only), then heads to Lowell Preserve, then back to Overset Rd in Portland, finally finishing at Lowell Preserve in Windham. THREE LAPS + ONE BLACKSTRAP LOOP. Map can be found here: http://bit.ly/2Hi6XXS
WHAT YOU GET:
To keep this race low cost with a low impact we wont be providing any official prizes or awards, with exception of a solid high five and MAYBE a free beer. If we gain a sponsor, we’ll change this and get you something.
This trail race offers an exceptionally hilly, technical single-track point to point trail race that takes you up & down 2 mountains. If you’re not begging for mercy during the first climb, you will be on the second. Running this challenging 8.7 mile 2 peak ascent with 2750′ of elevation gain & a 2450′ of loss will definitely make you question your own sanity. The course is both technical & scenic & will have you traversing a large bare ledge, tearing through dense forest, hammering down single-track switchbacks, jumping streams, & up steep slopes.
This is a rugged trail race whose distance & elevation profile comine for an extremely challenging test, even for the fittest endurance athletes. The course travels along hiking trails with sections that must be negotiated very carefully. Make sure to steal a peek or two at the highest elevations..it’ll be worth the effort.
Registration information coming soon!
For registration details and more info, see www.facebook.com.
Join us for the 8th annual Race Through The Woods trail race, sponsored by First National Bank, on Sunday, October 1 at Hidden Valley Nature Center in Jefferson. Are you inspired by the tranquility of running on rustic trails deep in the Maine woods? Do you enjoy the challenge of highly varied terrain, where slippery roots or loose rocks demand your concentration and sharpen your focus? Then you should register for a beautiful fall “Race through the Woods” at Hidden Valley Nature Center. Explore the exciting mix of single and double-track trails over rolling terrain in this challenging racecourse.
Racing starts at 10:00 am. Racers will have two course options to choose from: a 13.1 mile half-marathon or a 5.5 mile race (5.5 milers share the course with half-marathoners, same start time). This single loop course brings you over steep hills, through the woods, past beautiful ponds and has about 1,000 feet elevation.
This race is open to beginners, novices, and experienced trail runners alike. If you’ve never been in a trail race this is a great, fun event to start with. After the race everyone is encouraged to stick around and enjoy a bonfire, hot cider or a beer from Sheepscot Valley Brewing Company one of our sponsors. Light local lunch options will also be available after the races.
Kids 10 years and under can participate in a fun obstacle race starting at about 10:30 am (after the other races have taken off). The race will be only somewhat competitive; the goal is really just to have fun. Each racer will receive a ribbon. Register online using the link below- registration for kids’ race is free. The course will feature small hurdles, jumps, and mazes. After the official race, kids are welcome to enjoy the course at their own pace.
Race fees are $35 for the half marathon, and $25 for the 5.5 miler. Long sleeve technical shirts will be available for purchase with registration. Prizes (homemade PIE!!) will be given to first place finishers (men and women) and in age categories. Prizes will also include local goods donated by businesses and volunteers, and gift certificates to HVNC from Midcoast Conservancy.