Join your community + teacher Kelly Rich for a full moon practice with the intention of CONNECTION. We will breathe, feel, move and groove to the ever changing shifts happening within and without.
Please bring layers of clothing to put on and take off as the weather in the park is very different from even a half mile away.
Firebird 50 Trail Race is more than just your everyday free trail race. This is about building community and accomplishing great feats together, helping each other finish a grueling task together for the first time or the millionth time.
HOW TO GET IN:
Unlike traditional races, ours is FREE, meaning we don’t pocket your money. Although that doesn’t mean there aren’t requirements on getting in, here’s what we’re asking from you:
1) Donate to a non-profit of your choice within a year before the race. We’d appreciate anything above $40 but we won’t force you to pay that amount*. You must send us a receipt that you donated though. *25k participants can skip money donations if they volunteer AFTER they finish their run at one of our aid stations.
2) Sign up and donate any item on the list attached here, bring that item the day of the race (this will provide for our aid stations): [THIS LINK WILL BE UPDATED SOON]
Its technical and challenging, lots of rocks and roots on a single track trail. The trail is in one direction, 16 miles long. Largely on the Cross-Falmouth Trail from Portland to Grey, Maine. The course will be marked with pink ribbon and white chalk. We’ll have 3 aid-stations along the course, one at each end and one in the middle.
– 25k Course: Starts in Portland, on Overset Rd., ends at Lowell Preserve in Windham. ONE LAP. Map can be found here: http://bit.ly/2EZWyhv
– 50k Course: Starts at Lowell Preserve in Windham, goes to Overset Rd. in Portland, then back to Lowell Preserve in Windham. TWO LAPS. Map can be found here: http://bit.ly/2qLVhWX
– 50m Course: Starts in Portland, on Overset Rd., takes a loop in Blackstrap Preserve (only once, on the first lap only), then heads to Lowell Preserve, then back to Overset Rd in Portland, finally finishing at Lowell Preserve in Windham. THREE LAPS + ONE BLACKSTRAP LOOP. Map can be found here: http://bit.ly/2Hi6XXS
WHAT YOU GET:
To keep this race low cost with a low impact we wont be providing any official prizes or awards, with exception of a solid high five and MAYBE a free beer. If we gain a sponsor, we’ll change this and get you something.