For 25 years, the Mutt Strut and 5K has brought our community together to raise money and find forever homes for animals. All funds raised go directly to support more than 2,000 animals that find their way to the Kennebec Valley Humane Society annually. Along with our 5K walk and run, we will have vendors, food, activities and much more! We hope to see you there!
Registration and Check In will start at 8AM
The 5K walk will start at 9:00 AM
The 5K run/race will start at 9:15 AM
Early Registration: $20, $25 with dog
(Until April 1st)
Regular Registration: $25, $30 with dog
(April 2nd to May 25th)
Same Day Registration: $30, $35 with dog
The 5K will start and finish at the Kennebec River Rail Trail entrance next to the Kennebec Valley YMCA. It will be timed by Back 40 Events using chips.
The race will also include a pre-race warm-up, and a variety of services by local vendors before and after the race.
All dog registrations will include a Mutt Strut collar bandana for your dog. All dogs are welcome!
Register here: https://runsignup.com/Race/ME/Augusta/25thAnnualMuttStrut5K
Please contact Jamie at email@example.com with race questions or sponsorship/table set-up inquiries
Join your community + teacher Kelly Rich for a full moon practice with the intention of CONNECTION. We will breathe, feel, move and groove to the ever changing shifts happening within and without.
Please bring layers of clothing to put on and take off as the weather in the park is very different from even a half mile away.
Do you love dogs? Do you love to paddle? Do you love to paddle with your dog?
If you answered yes to any one of these questions you need to sign up to join us for the 1st Annual Paddle for the Pups event we’re hosting with our friends at the NHSPCA and Surftech.
Open to ALL paddle craft (i.e. kayaks, paddle boards, canoes), this event is all about getting out on the water, having fun, and doing your part to make a difference in the lives of some very special dogs.
Well behaved dogs are encouraged to join us for this amazing day!
Choose between two dog friendly courses…
Puppy Paddle: A 1-mile cruise that skirts alongside the Swasey Parkway.
Recreational Paddle: A 3-mile recreational paddle out to the 101 bridge. While not officially a race, prizes will be awarded to the first 3 paddles to return to the PEA Boathouse.
Paddle Requirements & Guidelines:
1) Every paddler must pay the $25.00 registration fee regardless of what type of paddle craft you are paddling (Paddleboard vs. tandem kayak).
2) As a fundraiser for the NHSPCA, all participants are required to raise a minimum of $200. Upon registering, a representative from NHSPCA will provide instructions on how to set up your personal fundraising page.
3) All paddlers must wear proper safety equipment including a personal floatation device (PFD). In addition to a PFD, all paddle boarders must wear a leash (no, not a dog leash, a SUP leash).
4) All paddlers must complete this safety waiver.
5) As a dog-friendly event, we expect all our fantastic dog owners to clean up after their pups and keep our surroundings neat and clean.